pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Now I can't reply by email, either!

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Now I can't reply by email, either!
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:19:07 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:25:05
+0000:

> Log entry reads :
>
> Mon Dec 11 16:09:50 2006 - Error starting URL: Failed to execute child
> process
> "mailto:XXX
> From=Beartooth%20%3cBeartooth%40swva.net%3e& Subject=YYY
> References=%3c1I2dnXo-09IkuebYnZ2dnUVZ_v-tnZ2d%40adelphia.com
> %3e&%3cMPG.1fe4fe6227202bf5989dd3%40news.motzarella.org% [and lots more
> gibberish]
>
> Note that "adelphia" buried in there. I used to have an Adelphia account,
> and used an Adelphia address. It's been defunct for months.
>
> How did it sneak it, and more importantly, how do I expunge it??

The adelphia is in the /references/, not the from or subject.  The
references line contains the message-id numbers from previous messages in
the thread, posted by you or others.  It's the way a good client is
supposed to thread messages.  Therefore, that's not anything from your
config.

You don't specifically state which log that is, but presumably you are
talking about the pan log?  If so, it's simply saying it can't start
whatever you have configured as your mailer, using normal mailto protocol,
just as a browser would.

As I said in the previous exchange, you need to configure a mail client
that understands mailto, either directly, or thru your desktop of choice.

Question:  Using a browser, can you click on a mailto: URL and have it
launch your mail client?  If so, you need to setup the same type of thing
here.  If not, well, this uses the same mechanism, so that's what you need
to get configured.