pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: new pan getting group list "forever"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: new pan getting group list "forever"
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:24:10 +0000 (UTC)

Bruce Bowler <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 11
Dec 2006 14:04:14 -0500:

> Yes, I know I should upgrade to the latest beta, and if there's an
> indication that the problem is fixed there, so be it.  In the mean time...
>
> Running 0.116 on FC5 (that's the latest with an RPM for FC5, that's why I
> started/stopped there).
>
> I have 4 different servers that I used to use with "old pan".  When I
> added them as servers to "new pan", 3 of them are fine, one never seems to
> finish getting the group list.
>
> news.individual.de claims to have ~25,000 groups.  As I write this, pan
> claims to have fetched ~500,000 groups and is still going strong.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Yes.  That WAS an issue fixed in one of the betas about that time.  0.119
(the latest tarballed beta) should have it fixed.  I'm not sure if 0.117
or 0.118 or 0.119 fixed it tho (you could check the list of fixes), but it
was certainly fixed by 0.119.

As others have said, just post if you need help upgrading.  What
distribution, and where you are getting it would be useful info if you do.