pan-users

[Pan-users] Formatting bug in 0.119

From: JCA
Subject: [Pan-users] Formatting bug in 0.119
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 17:50:40 -0800

   When initiating a new posting (or following up on a previous one)
Pan opens a new
window for the text to be posted.  I start typing my text, opening the
first line with a tab character, or a suitable number of spaces. As I
keep typing, on reaching the 80th column my text is wrapped around to
the next line automatically. The problem is that Pan tries to be too
clever: instead of starting at the leftmost column of the next line,
it starts right below the first nonblank character of the first line.

   This is bad enough (I do not understand why it is assumed that
this is the behavior that one wants - doesn't Pan know about indented
paragraphs?) but, even worse, Pan does something to the cursor so that
the first word in the second line is invariably messed up.

  Is there a fix for this in the works? This bug has been present
since at least version 0.14.2; it would be nice it the new Pan were to
quash it soon.