pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't save

From: Travis
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't save
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:56:14 -0800

address@hidden wrote:
> David Shochat wrote:
>> Duncan wrote:
>>> In that case, you'll probably need to use a path similar to
>>> "C:/Program Files/Pan/pan.exe"
>> You mean C:\Program Files\Pan\pan.exe
>>
>> I assume Vista still does its directory separators backwards. So if
>> that's not where it is, it should be easy to search for it (I think
>> Vista even has something like MacOS's Spotlight).
>> -- David
>
> There are a whole set of shortcuts connected to the Windows
> key (the one with the flag): WinKey + F brings up a Find
> dialogue, Winkey + R gives the Run prompt, and several others.
>
> I don't know specifically about Vista, but other Windows
> versions show their 8.3 roots by "pretending" that C:\Program Files\
> is actually C:\PROGRA~1 and you can use that form in commands
without
> quotes, so you could enter C:\PROGRA~1\Pan\Pan.exe if that is where
> your Pan is installed.
>
> HTH
>
> Colin

I can start Pan from the "Run" box but not from the "command prompt".
If I type "cmd" in the run box I get the "command prompt" box.  The
problem is not about getting Pan to run it is about Pan not saving my
subscribed groups when I close Pan.  I'm 99 44/100% sure it is a Vista
issue and not a Pan issue.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington