pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't save

From: wa1ter
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan doesn't save
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:34:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:16:52 -0800, Travis wrote:

> pan-users-bounces+travis.shoreline=gmail.com-qX2TKyscuCcdnm
address@hidden
> wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:30:41 -0800, Travis wrote:
>>
>>> In C:\Users\Travis\Pan2 is
>>> accels
>>> group-preferences
>>> newsgroups.dsc
>>> newsgroups.xov
>>> newsgroups.ynm
>>> newsre-1
>>> posting
>>> preferences
>>> servers
>>> tasks.nzb
>>
>> You should also have a subdirectory 'groups' where all of the
>> subscription info is kept.  If you really don't have 'groups' then that
>> would explain why the info isn't getting saved. Doesn't explain why you
>> don't have the subdirectory though.
>>
>> Can you try creating a 'groups' subdirectory by hand?  You should also
>> have two other directories named 'article-cache' and 'article-drafts',
>> so you might add those at the same time and give it another try.
>
> Article-cache, article-drafts and groups are folders under .pan2 and the
> others are files under .pan2 but Darren didn't ask what Folders are
> under Pan2 just files.

I'm using pan 0.125 on Vista to make this reply.  I'm having no problem
with subscribing to groups so far.  I see one file in .pan2\groups\ which
is named gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user (the name of the one group I'm
subscribed to) about 1.9MB in size.

Do you have any files in your groups folder?