pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Possible bug - need clarification

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Possible bug - need clarification
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 01:16:41 -0400

John Wendel wrote:
> Running Pan 0.131.
>
> I subscribe to several large binary groups that get thousands of
> messages a day. Sometimes I see the following situation, and I don't
> know if I should report a bug, so maybe someone could comment.
>
> Frequently, messages will have missing articles. So I ignore them for a
> while, and sometimes the missing parts show up. But sometimes they
> don't . My news provider has really good completion, usually the parts
> are actually on the server. But repeated attempts to get new headers
> don't get everything. So, if I delete everything in the group, and
> reload, the missing articles almost always show up.

Don't know the answer, but I see the same thing.  I blamed it on
news.bellsouth.net, but as long as the parts eventually show up I'm
satisfied.

It's interesting that get new headers won't do the job, but
delete/re-fetch does.

Rinaldi
--
The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.