pan-users

[Pan-users] Fallback Server Status

From: Frank Tabor
Subject: [Pan-users] Fallback Server Status
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:43:57 +0000 (UTC)

I have a question about the header collection process.  I have a main
server, Supernews, and still have an old account on Free Teranews.  I've
set Teranews to be a fallback server.  How exactly does this function?

Supernews creates message numbers out of order.  This seems to cause Pan
some problems.  One of which is, when I added Teranews as a fallback, Pan
brought in a whole host of messages from Teranews from a lot of regular
posters in several groups I read.  Some messages months old right up to
day old messages that fit in threads that should be there.

I guess I need to go file a feature request.  If Pan is going to be an
Agent like newsreader, then it should handle message numbers out of order
like Agent.

And there's too much space between the last line of text and the
signature delimiter.

--
Frank Tabor
Your business will assume vast proportions.