pan-users

[Pan-users] Filtering unusable slow

From: Frederik Himpe
Subject: [Pan-users] Filtering unusable slow
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:01:59 +0000 (UTC)

I am using pan 0.132. The last week, I noticed that Pan had become
sometimes very slow. Especially filtering is almost unusable now. On
news.gmane.org in the group gmane.comp.kde.cvs, it takes about ten seconds
to filter on 3.5, but even worse, when I remove the filter, after 5
minutes, pan was still using 100% of CPU time and I killed it.

I have pan configured to remove messages after 30 days, to not let these
groups grow too much.

Also closing Pan takes a lot of time now, and Gnome will show the dialog
that the application is not responding, proposing me to kill it.

I am using x86_64 bit Linux on an Athlon 64 3500.

Any idea how I could debug this?

--
Frederik Himpe