pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan fails to deal with non-Latin usernames(Windows)

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan fails to deal with non-Latin usernames(Windows)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:15:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:29:16 +0400, Roman wrote:

>> But this one must have been transliterated, at some point. Because it's
>> UTF8 to me.
>
> Gee, that's because I explicitly set it, as well as every next post, to
> be in UTF-8. Nobody is secretly transliterating anything.
>
> Can we wrap this up already?

Sure, so long as I get the last word.  I already told
you how I know that the alphabet in the posting in question,
with charset="koi8-r", is in UTF8 by the time I can view and
manipulate the text.  Since it was evidently not in that charset
originally, it must have been transliterated. The reasoning is
straightforward, but if you still don't understand, we can
just let my posting stand as the wrap-up.

--
Greg