pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan fails to deal with non-Latin usernames(Windows)

From: Roman
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan fails to deal with non-Latin usernames(Windows)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 01:48:00 +0400

Sure, so long as I get the last word.

No you don't. 8=]

If you mean that the message is stored in UTF-8 in your memory, then sure, I don't contend that. Perhaps I misunderstood you when you said about transliterating. What matters to me is how the message is encoded on the server, which was KOI8 for my first messages, and UTF-8 for the current ones. I tend to think of strings I see on my screen as sequences of abstract characters, instead of bytes representing said chars, so it doesn't matter to me what encoding I'm looking at right now (UTF-16LE, for the record).

Apologies if necessary, probably just another case of miscommunication.

(You don't maintain that the early messages are _stored_ as UTF-8, right?)