pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Serendipity : You may all laugh - O.T.

From: Alan Meyer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Serendipity : You may all laugh - O.T.
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:12:36 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 3/7/09, Beartooth <address@hidden> wrote:

> Background : my chief offline activity is squirreling ...

I have to say that this one sent me to Google, Wikipedia, and
tracing various leads to find out just what "squirreling" is, and
why a GPS is involved:

Websters Online has:

    "to store up for future use —often used with away<squirrel
    away some money>"

Wikepedia had an entry under Scientology:

    "The act of using Scientology techniques in a form different
    than originally described by Hubbard is referred to within
    Scientology as "squirreling", and is said by Scientologists
    to be a "high crime""

The Urban Dictionary had:

    "(v):The act of placing 2 or more ceramic squirrels between
    the rear and front tires of a car with the intent of revenge
    or for just unadulterated fun."

    Plus some unprintable alternate definitions having to do with
    what might be done with nuts.

But I couldn't see how to use a GPS in any of those.

Put us out of our misery.  Tell us about squirreling.

Thanks.

    Alan