pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Copy of my own post?

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Copy of my own post?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:12:04 +1100

Beartooth wrote:

I haven't posted much to r.g in recent years, nor maybe ever from this address; so it make a while at best for that post to appear on the news servers.

Is r.g moderated or something? Otherwise the time since you last posted shouldn't effect the time it takes for the post to arrive.

But I hate to go to the trouble of crafting it all over again. I did not, unfortunately, interrupt the job and save it as a draft at any point.

Would pan-0.133-4.fc12.i686 by any happy chance have kept a copy on my machine anywhere? (I have it set to use gedit.)

Possibly the biggest complaint I have about current generation Pan is that it no longer saves a copy of posts you make, as it used to. I consider that a major regression, a serious problem, and terrible blemish on an otherwise excellent product. It was almost enough to drive me to another newsreader.

You might be lucky and find that gedit saves a temporary copy under /tmp, or whatever obscure location Gnome hypothetically uses instead. But probably not.

--
Steven