pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me"
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:26:57 +0000 (UTC)

John Aldrich posted on Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:40:43 -0500 as excerpted:

> On Fri February 25 2011, David Shochat wrote:
>>
>> For a specific example, I have Ubuntu 10.10. On my system, gmime-2.0.pc
>> and gmime-2.4.pc are both in /usr/lib/pkgconfig. gmime-2.0.pc comes
>> from package libgmime-2.0-2-dev and gmime-2.4.pc comes from
>> libgmime-2.4-dev,
>> consistent with what Duncan said. Also, I checked my pan (0.134)
>> executable and it uses libgmime-2.4.so.2, so even though I apparently
>> have both 2.0 and 2.4, the build of pan went for the 2.4. I also built
>> pan on a Mac and that one is using libgmime-2.4.2.dylib.
>>
> Thanks... unfortunately on Fedora, there is no "libgmime" package... I
> didn't know if there were, but when I tried to download it says no such
> package. Nice idea, though... thanks! I may have to download the gmime-
> devel package and see if I can find the gmime.pc file and manually put
> it in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.

You /do/ have both gmime-2.4 and gmime-2.4-devel installed, then, right?
Not just 2.0 or whatever?  (Package-wise, gmime is libgmime.  It's up to
the distro what they call it, some omitting the lib prefix some not, but
the library itself should be libgmime-whateverver, with a .so and likely
one or more .so.version variants, the shorter variants normally being
symlinks to the longest and most specific one.)

OK... back when I was on Mandrake, I used to use rpmfind for this sort of
thing... and it looks like it's still around.  See this page and pick your
system, arch and version. (Watch the wrap, or go to http://rpmfind.net and
look it up yourself. =:^)

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=%2Fusr%2Flib%2Fpkgconfig
%2Fgmime-2.4.pc&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=