pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me" --SOLVED

From: Bas Mevissen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me" --SOLVED
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:03:46 +0100

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 08:36 -0500, John Aldrich wrote:

> Thanks. I figured it out. It was wanting the .i686 version, and when I
> installed that, it went right through and started compiling... It's
> compiling even as I type this.

For other people trying to compile Pan on a Fedora x86_64 or i686
system:

sudo yum install gmime-devel

should do the trick. It installs gmime development package for version
2.5.x. In the .spec file, a build requirement for gmime-devel should be
set.

> I'll be more than happy to upload them
> somewhere if someone will tell me where. :-) I don't have a GPG key to sign
> them, so that might be problematic.

You might want to contact the pan package maintainer for Fedora and/or
add the modified .spec file as an attachment to the Bugzilla entry
mentioned on this list.

--
Bas.