pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Where'd the post go?

From: Graham P Davis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Where'd the post go?
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 07:36:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:53:47 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:02:07 +0000, Graham P Davis wrote:
>
>> I was about to reply to a post, having highlighted a section. Can't
>> remember what key I hit but the post went blank. Not only that, but it
>> had vanished from the message list. In the thread, there was post "C"
>> say, post "D" was gone, but post"E" was still there but attached to "C"
>> in the display. I left the group and returned in the hope that the
>> missing post would reappear. Unfortunately, not only was it still
>> missing but so was the subsequent post "E". Switching from viewing
>> unread to viewing all was no help.
>>
>> Can I get these missing posts back?
>
> At a guess, you bumped the DEL key which will delete it from the local
> store.
>
> Try right clicking on the group and selecting "Get Headers..." and fill
> in a timeframe that covers the time the missing post was in, or
> alternatively, delete all posts and then get all posts.
>
> Jim

Thanks, getting the last 300 headers did the trick.

Before trying that fix, I'd noticed that "ignored" posters had reappeared
in the listings but with a -9999 score. Only affected the one group I'd
been messing with. Closing and reopening Pan fixed that problem.

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change boy to man
LibreOffice: http://www.documentfoundation.org/