pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Where'd the post go?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Where'd the post go?
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 22:26:46 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff posted on Sat, 03 Sep 2011 11:58:15 -0700 as excerpted:

> On 09/03/2011 11:38 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I thought about saying something, Duncan, but usually when I do,
>> McKean's Law rears its ugly head. :)
>
> That's one I've not heard of, or at least not by that name.  Is it the
> one about every spelling/grammar flame having at least one error of its
> own?

A quick google says yes, but it is in fact known by other names as well.
(I subscribe to the language log RSS feed but this was well before I did
so.)

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002035.html

Also, see wikipedia (note the deliberate misspelling, which I have
trouble seeing even knowing its there, as my mind does an auto-
correction):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_law

... which among other references points to a different LL article:

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002641.html

I wonder if there's some law about multiple names in such cases...