pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] GMail and HTML

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] GMail and HTML
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:16:46 -0700

-----Original Message----- From: Duncan
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:09 AM
To: address@hidden

Travis posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:56:15 -0700 as excerpted:

I use GMail and my messages are not in HTML.

True, they aren't. (Thanks. =:^)

1) Do you use the web interface, or a local client, set to sync with
gmail?

Local client.  Windows Live Mail that replies in a weird way.

2) Can you confirm one way or another what I had been told, that if using
the web interface, plain text must be set per message -- there's no way
to set it per address, so any mail to that address is always plain text?

I don't know as I don't use the web interface.

3) If it's possible to set it per address (or globally, for that matter,
so all messages are sent in plain text), a step-by-step that I could
repost when others need it would be appreciated.  (If it's long and you
don't believe it's list appropriate, you can mail me personally.  Note
that if you're using gmane, while my real address appears obfuscated, the
gmane address obfuscations are actually valid forwarding addresses, they
just go thru gmane's spam filters before being forwarded, so it should
work fine even then, unless you somehow trigger that spam filter or the
one at my ISP, of course.)

I don't know.  You could sign up for GMail and investigate.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington