pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:54:55 +0000 (UTC)

Heinrich Müller posted on Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:38:30 +0200 as excerpted:

> Am 30.09.2012 20:01, schrieb
> address@hidden:
>> So what can I deduce ? Some usenet providers are faulty (2) or problems
>> with permissions (1) or both ?
> Case 2.
> Usenetbucket fucked up big time and doesn't respect the rfc that defines
> the XOVER command.
> See my commit for details.
> Should be working now, please verify.

Umm, Heinrich...

He's using ubuntu and unless he knows enough (or has the time and
patience to learn) about building from source to pull and build from the
git repo, he's not likely to see that commit until the next pan release
and someone building it for ubuntu.

Meanwhile, I'm curious and will be checking the commit myself.  (For
those who don't know, gentoo, with a slightly customized live pan ebuild
and a helper script I hacked up that allows me to easily run various git
commands on the local git repo the ebuild uses.)