pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Anyone using a news server that speaks xzver?

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Anyone using a news server that speaks xzver?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 23:16:58 +0100

Am 25.12.2012 10:30, schrieb Duncan:
Duncan posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:36:17 +0000 as excerpted:

walt posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 07:31:14 -0800 as excerpted:

Yes, I'm running the same version because at this early stage pan seems
to ignore the "use header compression" checkbox in the preferences
editor, which means pan still uses xzver even if I "turn it off".
I figured that was a per-server setting, so looked in server settings,
where I (naturally, since it's not there) couldn't find any such
setting.  It never occurred to me to look in prefs for that, since to me
it's CLEARLY a per-server setting.  No more does this make sense to me
as a global setting, than would a global SSL or port setting.
OK, reverted back to HEAD.  Looks like I was correct with my first guess,
it's a per-server setting, and the combination of my missing it when
looking for it originally, and your misdirection to preferences (which I
took to mean pan prefs, not server prefs) had me looking in the wrong
place.

So per-server it already is. =:^)

But, you do seem to be correct, the setting doesn't seem to be working
yet.  gmane logs a 500 What error for XZVER regardless of whether I have
the compression setting enabled in the server prefs for gmane or not. =:^(
Did you look into servers.xml if compression is enabled when you shut down pan?

There you should be a line "compression-type" that should say "0".

Cheers.