pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Trying to use 'new' Pan

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Trying to use 'new' Pan
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:09:27 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice Batey posted on Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:03:23 +0100 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:51:29 +0100, I wrote:
>
>> all sorted now
>
> Except for a way to initialise each newsgroup with, say, the latest 50
> postings, otherwise I shall finish up with 10,000's of postings in each.
>
> There seems to be way to do that for individual groups (i.e. one at a
> time), but not on a global basis - a tedious job where 40-50 newsgroups
> are involved.

I hadn't tried this in awhile but I just tried it here and it still
worked, so...

Multi-select the groups you want[1], THEN do "Get Headers..."

=:^)

Alternatively, use the macro-replay ability of your DE, I know KDE at
least has the ability to setup either hotkey- or mouse-gesture-triggered
key sequence macros, along with pan's keyboard functionality.  This was
the idea I intended to post when I hit reply, but then I remembered pan's
multi-select functionality and decided that'd be easier.

---
[1] Multi-select:  The usual shift-click-range, ctrl-click-toggle-
individual-item-select, works.  Or the equivalent ctrl/shift-arrow keys
along with space to toggle if using ctrl-.