pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Trying to use 'new' Pan

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Trying to use 'new' Pan
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:18:37 +0100

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:01:45 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> And for each group, you can change the posting profile, including the
> server posted to, and pan will remember that choice for that group and
> use it again automatically after that.

I was all clear about the sitation until I read that, but then - after
doing a dummy Post - I realised (I hope) that you were referring to the
multi-choice option at the top of the posting window, whereby any given
profile can be selected.

I only have 4 servers, so no big problem making two profiles per server.
 (One 'long' signature (for when starting a thread), and one short (for
continuing a thread).)

Once I can get conformnation that new pan only uses one control directory
(~/.pan2), I think I can make the  transition for bread-and-butter use).
  The trickiest bit is makimg sure existing old pan postings I rely on are
going to still be available in the short term, which is why I was interested
in the possibility of being able to call up old pan during the early use
of new pan.

Current trial is on a 'trial' installation partition.
--
/\/\aurice