pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Trying to use 'new' Pan (Mouse hover text problem)

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Trying to use 'new' Pan (Mouse hover text problem)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:41:03 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice Batey posted on Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:06:30 +0100 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:22:03 +0100, I wrote:
>
>> I've installed the Mageia-3 Pan 0.139.
>
>   (On a Samsung NC110 netbook)
>
> One unexpected problem is that when the mouse is hovered over one of the
> action icons (e.g. "Next unread arcticle") , the mini-window that
> appears has black text on a dark grey background, which makes it
> difficult to read.
>
> Is there any option in Pan to adjust that, or is it Linux distro
> problem?

I'm guessing that you're having a problem with your color themes,
something that affected me for awhile due to my "reverse" (dark text on
light background) configuration, probably combined with the fact that I'm
running kde with its colors applied to gtk.  I'm guessing that at least
at one point, kde wasn't applying both foreground and background colors
to the gtk tooltips, so one remained at the default, and because I had
the other one set "reverse", they ended up both near the same color and
impossible to read.

Let's see if I can dredge up my fix...

This is what I have in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.jed/gtkrc.tooltips (JED being
my initials):

# This sets a black tooltip foreground color,
# since otherwise this doesn't work

style "tooltips"
{
        fg[NORMAL] = "#000000"
}

widget "gtk-tooltips*"          style "tooltips"

IIRC I had to source that from somewhere, but I don't recall where, now.
Maybe it was in the GTK2_RC_FILES setting in my environment?  But it
isn't listed there now, so either the kde bug is fixed in the 4.10 that
I'm running, or the above file is being sourced using some other
mechanism.

Anyway, I had to google the info before and was able to find it, so I'd
guess you should be able to find it too, if necessary.