pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Ignore author in watched thread

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Ignore author in watched thread
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 07:08:12 +0000 (UTC)

David WE Roberts posted on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:31:33 +0000 as excerpted:

> I can ignore the author by:
>
> (1) Unwatch thread and rescore
>
> (2) Ignore author and rescore
>
> (3) Watch thread again
>
> However this does seem cumbersome.
>
> Is there an easier, one click way?

Well, I'd personally describe the following alternative as "easier", but
it's not one-click, and there's definitely a lot of people who'd beg to
disagree with my "easier" classification so as they say, YMMV...

FWIW, I tend to prefer editing the scorefile directly... in my favorite
text-editor. =:^)  That can make for much more efficient scoring and a
far more orderly setup, as well as eliminating the restrictions of the
GUI.

Then back in pan I simply hit "s" (which I have hotkey-assigned to the
edit article's score dialog, I'm not sure if that's default or not), and
in the resulting edit-score dialog I hit close-and-rescore.
Alternatively, I simply reenter the group, triggering a rescore that way.

Here's a link to slrn's score.txt doc, which in general works for pan too
since pan uses the same format, minus some of the fancy stuff like
includes.  (Also, AND condition scoring is apparently broken in pan ATM,
tho I'm almost positive it worked at one point, so OR condition scoring
is what we get, tho with a bit of ingenuity it's possible to do pretty
much the same thing using a combination of scores.)

http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/score.txt

If you'd like a more practical example than the one there, I've posted
some detailed excerpts from mine several times in the past.  Here's one
such post from 2007 (the first one I happened to find, gmane's list2news
interface, which is how I follow this list, adds a header with a link to
the web version, so once I found the post in my message cache (which is
unexpiring for text groups), I could just check that header to get the
web link to post):

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user/8689