pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Odd issue with latest git code

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Odd issue with latest git code
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:55:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 02:39:10 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> I'm not seeing that here and I start pan with my kde session and
> routinely let it idle for hours, even overnite.
>
> However, your headers say git 7161f50 while I'm running git 2ae6aff, so
> one of us is behind.  Let's see... mount my sources filesystem... run
> git log in the pan git archive (scripted command for that here =:^)...
> search...
>
> Yes, commit 7161f50... Piotr Drag, Fri Nov 22, 2013, Updated
> POTFILES.in.
> 3 lines deleted from po/POTFILES.in.
>
> That would appear to be rather behind, indeed... 133 lines of git log
> with stats but not actual diffs as well as several months behind, to be
> (semi-)exact.
>
> So unless that's simply what you've regressed to as a result of this bug
> and thus doesn't reflect the git commit you experienced the bug with,
> you're months out of date.  Do a pull and if you don't get my commit ID
> above, git log and see if it's in your git history.  If so, you've a
> newer version than I.  Otherwise... where you pulling from?  Maybe it's
> stale.  Here's where I'm pulling from (two possible URLs, one git, one
> http):
>
> git://git.gnome.org/pan2 http://git.gnome.org/browse/pan2

Very strange, because I did a git pull before reporting this, and it said
it was current.  The last commit I have is dated March 26, 2014.

But my Help->About shows 71661f50 as well.

My git log, though, shows change 2ae6aff at the top.

That means there could be something messed up in my build process (I'm
building using the Open Build Service), but the patches for things like
the background color on quoted text are in my system (which I think is
the body-pane fix in 2ae6aff, IIRC).  I definitely have Andrew Nile's
patches from 8bd71842.

So now I'm more confused.

Where does the info get pulled from for about->help and the posting
header?

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson