pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Odd issue with latest git code

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Odd issue with latest git code
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:57:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:26:15 -0700, walt wrote:

> I'm seeing sudden halts while downloading headers or articles, but I
> don't normally let pan sit idle so I can't address your specific
> use-case.
>
> I suggest you run pan from gdb (from a bash shell prompt) and look for
> error messages.
>
> I see one of two errors when I run pan from gdb:  either a corrupted
> double- linked list (hard to imagine if pan is sitting idle) or a
> segfault, usually involving gnutls.
>
> Come to think of it, the segfault causes pan to close, but the corrupt
> linked list error just causes pan to be unresponsive while still
> running.
>
> I have trouble seeing how an idle pan could cause a linked-list
> corruption, but my imagination isn't what it used to be :/

Thanks, Walt - I'll give that a shot and see.  I do occasionally see
errors when I run from a terminal window, but they seem to have been
harmless in the past.  I'm not connecting to servers with tls (the
servers don't support it).

I'll give it a shot under gdb and see what I see.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson