pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Word-wrap in built-in editor

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Word-wrap in built-in editor
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:09:43 +0000 (UTC)

Steven D'Aprano posted on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 01:51:47 +1000 as excerpted:

> I'm trying to find the setting for the column where the built-in Pan
> editor wraps text (when wrapping is turned on). It appears that the
> editor word-wraps at column 73, but I cannot find a setting for it in
> either the GUI or by poking around in .pan2/preferences.xml. Have I
> missed something?
>
> I'm using Pan 0.133 (yes, I know, I should upgrade, but 0.133 is the
> version my distro provides and I prefer to stick with that).

AFAIK that's a standard 80 chars minus a few to allow several layers of
quoting before rewrap is required, as required by GNKSA, which also
requires that it be togglable so a user can do manual wrapping if desired.

To my knowledge it's hard-coded, but it should be easily found in the
sources.