pan-users

[Pan-users] Getting The Headers I Want

From: Kevin van Houten
Subject: [Pan-users] Getting The Headers I Want
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:49:08 -0500

I'd like to know what I need to do to get Pan to download the headers newer than the headers I have in a group...and and them to the list of messages in the group, not replace them.

What currently happens.

I load Pan. I have only 3 groups I regularly use. rec.music.filk, alt.music.filk and alt.binaries.sounds.karaoke.

rec.music.filk is sitting there with all 40,000+ messages that giganews knew of the last time I used pan, be it earlier today, yesterday, last week, whatever.

I click 'rec.music.filk' in the 'Groups' pane...and then suddenly there's only 40+ messages listed. The last couple of months worth.

Even if I am in the same session of pan...
and say I am in rec.music.filk and I 'get headers' and the 'get last 365 days of headers'...and it loads the 550+ headers since last October 10th...
    and then I click on  alt.music.filk....
and then click back to rec.music.filk again...it reloads with only the last 40-something messages from the past couple of months.

I have turned on and off every combination of things I would think relevant under edit/preferences/behavior/groups

I would be more than happy to 'get new headers in selected group' - as long as it didn't remove the entire history.