pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Getting The Headers I Want

From: Kevin van Houten
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Getting The Headers I Want
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:39:31 -0500

On 10/10/2014 10:06 PM, Duncan wrote:
>I have turned on and off every combination of things I would think
>relevant under edit/preferences/behavior/groups
>
>I would be more than happy to 'get new headers in selected group' - as
>long as it didn't remove the entire history.
This sounds like an expiry problem.  In your server prefs for giganews
what do you have the expiry set to?  IDR what the default is, but you can
set it to any of the dropdown choices, and if that doesn't do it for you,
you can set it to any arbitrary number of days you want by directly
editing the servers.xml file in pan's homedir[1].
That was it.

Edit => Edit News Servers => <select news server> => Edit => Expire Old Articles => Set to "Never Expire Old Articles"

FYI: The default must be "After Three Months" as that is what mine was set as.

Many thanks.