pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Messed up .newsrc

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Messed up .newsrc
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 03:07:34 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff posted on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 18:26:01 -0700 as excerpted:

> On 10/09/2014 02:47 AM, Duncan wrote:
>> But the faster way to do it if you're simply changing servers (or if
your
>> server admin reset the numbers and started over for some reason), is to
>> delete the entire newsrc file.
>
> I tried that (Being cautious, I just renamed it.) and Pan crashed.
> Twice.  Alas, abrt wasn't able to report properly to the Fedora
> bugzilla.  I'll try putting the file back, removing the appropriate
> numbers and try again.  Film at 11.

You did it when pan wasn't running, correct?

If you remove it out from under pan when it's running, yeah, it might
trigger a crash, tho I'd have thought it'd simply screw up its read-
status tracking.

But if you delete it when pan's not running, it should work.  Pan should
either simply offer to download a new group list, or only let you use
subscribed groups since it doesn't have a list, until you download a new
one.

Testing it here right after I send this...