pan-users

[Pan-users] signature when replying to Usenet posts

From: mick
Subject: [Pan-users] signature when replying to Usenet posts
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 15:20:25 +0100

Signature problem with Pan 0.13.9/Linux Mint KDE 17.3 and Pan 0.14/Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 using a signature saved as a text file.

When I open follow up to a newsgroup post there is a blank line below the other
persons quoted text, then a blinking cursor ready for me to start typing
my reply on the second line, then three blank lines below the cursor, then
the two dashes and then the signature, that's five lines between the
last line of quoted text and the two dashes.  If I use the 'text'
signature instead of a 'text file' signature that produces six blank lines
between the other persons quoted text and the two dashes before I ever
start typing.
This does not seem normal.  Posts I see from other Pan users have only one blank line between their last line of text and the two dashes.
When making new posts there are four blank lines between the top of the page and the two dashes.

--
mick