pan-users

[Pan-users] Article Retrieval Issue - Pan will not download headers from

From: Ted Sone
Subject: [Pan-users] Article Retrieval Issue - Pan will not download headers from one group
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:00:23 -0400

Long time Usenet User, (circa 1990), short term Pan User, (circa last Saturday).

I am utilizing the WIndows version and it seems to run fine. My primary reason for using Pan is to poll newsgroups as I already have Newsbin to manage the actual downloads. Newsbin is great for downloading but it is not great for seeing what is in the group whereas Pan is similar to the Forte Agent style which provides a great interface for seeing what is in the Newsgroup.

I subscribed to a couple of newsgroups and one was quite small and it works fine. The second one, (alt.binaries.tv), is quite large and Pan crashed during the original header download. Since that time Pan no longer downloads anything from that group. I have uninstalled Pan, deleted the associated directories etc. and then upon re-installation Pan continues to ignore the group. Clearly Pan is obtaining historical information from a file that is not within the User profile. Anyone have any thoughts as to where that file might be?