pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] set colours?

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] set colours?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:24:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 08:29:03 +0000, David Melik wrote:

> Hi, this is my first article with Pan.  However, I'd like to be able to
> control colours more, to set more dark/black when reading/posting on
> Usenet/etc. at night.  Is there a way? (some don't seem modifiable)
> Either changing some/all manually, or being able to choose (and write, in
> Pan!) your own theme would be very helpful.

What OS are you using?  I'm using FreeBSD and use a programme
called RedShift which adjust the screen colours based on the time
and your location, fading it to the red end of the spectrum at
night rather then the rather bluish end of the spectrum most screens
default to.  You can set the daylight and nighttime colour temp and
the programme then takes care of the adjustment depending on
how light/dark it should be outside.  You supply your local latitude
and it matches that to the local system time.  It also works with
Linux and no doubt there is a some windows equivalent somewhere.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.