pan-users

[Pan-users] good non-gui test of functionality for homebrew?

From: Ken Cunningham
Subject: [Pan-users] good non-gui test of functionality for homebrew?
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:08:40 -0700

Hi there,

After using pan for a few years, I thought I would put together a formula for
homebrew to make it more easily available.

It works well, but the homebrew devs would like to see a test that can be
automatically run by the CI system to show that the built & installed but never
configured pan application actually works and does something, and does not
crash, etc.

I looked through the command line interface to pan, and I have read the source
code, but I haven’t been able to come up with something satisfactory that would
fulfill this “proof-of-life” need.

Can you help me come up with something?

Thanks!

Ken