pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] number of times one has to press to select multiple grou

From: David Chmelik
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] number of times one has to press to select multiple groups
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 06:34:53 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 23:05:24 -0000 (UTC), Duncan wrote:

> David Chmelik posted on Sun, 17 Dec 2023 07:32:10 -0000 (UTC) as
> excerpted:
>
>> Every time I select multiple groups I must press the mouse button
>> twice, if not three or four times.  Is it set to only accept 'double
>> "click"' unlike most programs you only have to 'click' once, and is
>> there a way to set it to the normal 'one "click"'?
>
> Check under Preferences > Mouse .  If those are both set
> singe-activates, I'd guess it's related to your larger problem, as it's
> working here as expected -- single click on additional groups with ctrl
> pressed adds/ subtracts the just-clicked group to/from the selected
> list, while doing so with shift instead of ctrl selects ranges of
> groups.

I'm talking about with <SHIFT> and might be selecting hundreds groups.

> But the mention of three/four times reminds me of the behavior I see
> when my touchpad is acting up -- IOW a hardware issue (or more likely
> firmware within the touchpad, or possibly the driver, in any case well
> below the application software level).

I even installed a brand-new mouse but still have same problem.

Seems might be related to fact that sometimes it takes several minutes to
load a group, so if I select one, it starts loading it, but then maybe I
can't select others until finished loading.  Sometimes I just select one
to read and come back much later.  It'd be good if pan can just load
what's in the headers windows and not necessarily the entire group until
you start scrolling, if one even does (not always/often).