paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] java -jar

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] java -jar
Date: 05 Mar 2002 21:55:06 +0000

Fabricio Matheus Goncalves <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> To have java -jar paperclips.jar working, i know two ways,
> unjar all in lib, and jar all into paperclips.jar (1.5Mb), some ugly.
> or add this to manifest.mf:
>
> Class-Path: lib/gnugetopt.jar lib/gnusocketserv.jar lib/gnujaxp.jar
> lib/gnujsp.jar lib/servlet.jar lib/kawa.jar
>
> the uri are relative to directory where paperclips.jar are, so if we
> move paperclips.jar, lib directory should go with it.
> This looks more nice, once we may use links to the system installed jars
> into lib directory.

I have tried both of those solutions and I don't like either.

What I do currently is use the Debian java installation standard. I
put all my jar files into:

   /usr/local/share/java

and then I do this:

   export CLASSPATH=`ls /usr/local/share/java/*.jar | tr [:space:] :`

that sets the CLASSPATH appropriately.

Paperclips does now support using a separate container implementation
library, using a system property (specificed by the -D switch).

That might make life easier.

I will probably add a shell script to run via a container lib when I
have an installation setup in the makefile.

> PS: could some point me to a search method into paperclips-discuss?

You need to use the mailman interface: