paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] adding ant support to paperclips

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] adding ant support to paperclips
Date: 08 Sep 2002 00:32:18 +0100

"Stephane M" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having a hard time building paperclips under windows
> and was wondering if proding ANT has ever been considered.
> It takes care of path translations when invoking javac
> and is a bit more intuitive for people who are not so
> familiar with make.

Yes... sorry about windows builds.

ANT has been considered but decided against. Paperclips is a GNU
project and thus we want to stick to GNU tools.

To be _brutally_ honest, I don't actually care much that it doesn't
build on windows very easily. You should use a GNU OS.

Having said that the automakejar script should be portable to cygwin
but I've so many commitments at the moment I don't have time to fix
the problem (which I am aware of).

Nic