Re: [paragui-users] How to pass a crtain userdata to PARAGUI_CALLBACK ?

From: leiavoia
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] How to pass a crtain userdata to PARAGUI_CALLBACK ?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:12:44 -0400

On Sunday 12 October 2003 10:28 am, juri wrote:
>    Hi,
>
> i dom´t fully understand how to access userdata in PARAGUI_CALLBACK.
> Let´s say i have a Listbox (or a Radiobutton). And i want to use the
> name or the ID or The actual Content in the CALLBACK function. Like: I
> klick the ListBoxItem "AnItem". "AnItem" contains the Text
> "ThisIsASample". Now i klick The button, and i want to have a pointer to
>   "ThisIsASample" to proceed. Hope you understand what i mean...
>
> Also if anybody could point my in the right direction how i can find out
> these things myself that would be nice.
>
> THX, John

well, here is a paragui callback member function modified to suit an
illustration:

PARAGUI_CALLBACK(SomeClass::do_something) {

        // now if you know the exact widgets you are going to be working with,
        //      you can just work with them directly by name, You can skip
using whatever
        //      widget you passed into the function, like so:
        some_widget_we_know_by_name->Show();

        // otherwise, we'll have to cast the data then work with it.
        // cast the data
        SomeKindOfWidget widget = (SomeKindOfWidget)clientdata;
        // now we have the widget that got passed by the function originally:
        widget->Show();

        // ALWAYS return true unless you don't handle anything in this function!
        return true;
        }

--
leiavoia