Re: [paragui-users] ParaGui and OpenGL

From: leiavoia
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] ParaGui and OpenGL
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:54:31 -0400

On Thursday 29 April 2004 11:20 am, Andre Groß wrote:
> Hi !!
>
> Finally I got ParaGUI working under Windows. I just had to use VS.net 2003
> instead of 2002 and all worked. :-(
>
> Now my goal is to create a simulator with a 3D window which shows the
> progress and some buttons, dialogwindows and stuff for configuration.
>
> Is there anything spezial I have to do for this ? ParaGUI is based on SDL
> and this supports OpenGL. So it should be no problem.
>
> Does somebody have a little example ?
>
> Andre

hold on their pardner... SDL is SDL. OpenGL is OpenGL. You can use SDL for
messaging, windowing, and input together with OpenGL for the actual graphics,
but you can't use SDL and OpenGL together for graphics like "OpenGL draws the
3D things and SDL draws the GUI" I'm designing a 2D OpenGL based game right
now, using SDL for the cross-platform setup. However, you can't use both for
graphics unless you are using some really tricky hack IIRC.

--
leiavoia
The AXIS Project