Issue with exports in GNU parallel

From: Pradeep Patra
Subject: Issue with exports in GNU parallel
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 08:22:24 +0530

Hi all,
  I am trying to write a program which will connect to all the client machines once by ssh and run a particular tool using different user credentials in that single connection.

I thought of writing the program as below. But I am getting an error "abc not found" and the test fails. I guess there is a Bug for this already.

Is there any other way I can perform this task. Any example will really help to achieve this kind of task.

Regards
Pradeep.

I tried to subscribe to mailing list but it doesnot work for some reason i guess. I did not get the confirmation email after two days.

Parallel Subscription results

Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via email, or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is required, you will soon get a confirmation email which contains further instructions.

#!/bin/bash
word="$1"
export word

abc() {

for i in {1..5}
do
mkdir -p /t/temp$i
#Run the tool

}
export -f abc
SERVER1="10.213.12.136"
SERVER2="10.213.12.132"
SERVER3="10.213.12.137"
SERVER4="10.213.12.157"
SERVER5="10.213.12.133"
SERVER6="10.213.12.139"
SERVER7="10.213.12.158"
SERVER8="10.213.12.141"
SERVER9="10.213.12.153"
SERVER10="10.213.12.150"
SERVER11="10.213.12.144"

echo $word | SHELL=/bin/bash parallel --onall -S $SERVER1,$SERVER2,$SERVER3,$SERVER4,$SERVER5,$SERVER6,$SERVER7,$SERVER8,$SERVER9,$SERVER10,$SERVER11 abc