Re: Issue with exports in GNU parallel

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Issue with exports in GNU parallel
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 10:12:39 +0200

Hi Pradeep.

GNU Parallel is capable of what you want to do.

It is unclear whether you have:

* watched the intro videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL284C9FF2488BC6D1
* walked through the tutorial
(http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/parallel_tutorial.html or man
parallel_tutorial)
* read the man page (man parallel - Read at least the examples)

In the man page it says:

       Your bug report should always include:

       · The error message you get (if any).

       · The output of parallel --version. If you are not running the latest
         released version you should specify why you believe the problem is
         not fixed in that version.

       · A complete example that others can run that shows the problem. This
         should preferably be small and simple. A combination of yes, seq,
         cat, echo, and sleep can reproduce most errors. If your example
         requires large files, see if you can make them by something like
         seq 1000000 > file or yes | head -n 10000000 > file.

       · The output of your example. If your problem is not easily
         reproduced by others, the output might help them figure out the
         problem.

Based on your example alone it does not look like a bug, so try to
provide the missing information.

/Ole