parallel error while parsing options

From: Gabriel Ganne
Subject: parallel error while parsing options
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 10:28:58 +0200

Hi,

I installed parallel from this link http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parallel/parallel-20160422.tar.bz2
I encounter the following error (or with any command) :

$ parallel --help
parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
* The version number: 20160422
* The bugid: pidtable format: 8022 1

* The command line being run
* The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)

If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.

I most probably have something wrong in my environment, but I have no idea what.
I am running rhel7.

$ perl --version

This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2012, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

Regards,

--
Gabriel Ganne