Re: parallel error while parsing options

From: Shlomi Fish
Subject: Re: parallel error while parsing options
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 18:08:30 +0300

Hi,

On Tue, 10 May 2016 16:28:45 +0200
Gabriel Ganne <gabriel.ganne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am.
>
> Do tell me if you need me to test anything.
>
> Thanks,

I've now set up a CentOS 7.2.x x86-64 VBox VM and built and installed GNU
parallel and it seems to run fine - tested the --help flag and a sample
invocation - see the screenshot at:

http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/centos-7.x-gnu-parallel--shlomif.png

Some things you can try to diagnose the problem:

1. Devel-Trace - https://metacpan.org/search?q=devel%20trace&size=20 - you can
use perl -d:Trace `which parallel` and see what it gives you.

2. strace.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish