partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] modification for Solaris

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] modification for Solaris
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:20:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi again,

Here is the status of the CVS:

I have added scripts/acx_pthread.m4 for automatic detection
of posix threads.
I have added scripts/ac_c_gethostbyname_r.m4 for automatic detection
of the gethostbyname_r arguments.

But: It seems solaris does not detect its  gethostbyname_r method
and HAVE_FUNC_GETHOSTBYNAME_R_X_5 is undefined? right?

To work around potential issues, I have inserted some ifdef for
OSF and SUN. So now, the file ppldns.c should compile for all
those platforms....

Just to make it clear: What are the CVS changes since 0.4.4:

I worked on ppldns.c to add SRV record capability. On linux,
partysip accept messages with a request-URI such as:
INVITE sip:address@hidden SIP/2.0
It resolves the service domain "columbia.edu" for SIP over UDP
to 3 possible hosts and partysip then resolv the first entry
and forward "statefully" the REQUEST.

At least, I have successfully initiated a call between two UA
through partysip in the statefull mode. :) (without using
the SRV record capability this time because I need to be
on the internet for that and I'm currently testing on a LAN)

However, I have successfully made it once.... So There must be
plenty of bugs which I'm ready to collect.

To test the statefull mode: send a request with a FQDN in the
request-URI. like in INVITE sip:address@hidden SIP/2.0

I improved josua and put josua-0.5.7-2.tar.gz (still untar
itself in josua-0.5.7, take care of moving your old files!)
in osip.atosc.org/download/

Waiting for comments...
Aymeric