partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Newbie Question

From: Aymeric MOIZARD
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Newbie Question
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:27:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, matt morris wrote:

> Hi, I just started using partysip (2.1.1), and I tried using it with X-Lite
> softphone. They're working great. Great software.

Thanks,

> However, I got a question about setting the static user list. Even if I
> don't add any user entries in userinfo section, the phone will work with
> each other since they register themselves with partysip once they are loaded
> up. And they can pick any sip user ID they want. However, I want to reserve
> a sip id for a certain destination (e.g. desired destination ip1) by adding
> this to the userinfo section:
>
> user     sip:sipid01@<some arbitrary domain>     lgin     pass
> sip:sipid01@<desired destination ip1>

I don't think this is what you want. If i understand, you want to
have some static routes where UA don't need to register. Is it right?

For this, you have to use the ls_filter plugin and defines some
static routes.

<filter>
  forward  ^sip:address@hidden|sip:address@hidden

</filter>

All INVITE to "sip:address@hidden" will be rooted to
"sip:address@hidden".

> Yet, the result is any X-lite can registered themselves as sipid01 and calls
> to sipid01 is destined to the ip of that X-lite rather than the desired
> destination ip1 (seems like a first-come-first serve basis)

Not sure to understand?

> Is my concept of partysip's role in this situation wrong? Or did I have to
> make additional configurations?
>
> Also, what is the use of the domain (some arbit. domain in my example) in
> the second field, seems like I can put in anything I want and it changes
> nothing.

servername = ??
This value MUST contains all hostname that will resolv to your local
host. (else you may have loops and annoyance)

You can also put other value that may be sent by UA. In the case where
the host part in the uri match an entry in servername, the destination
to reach will be a user on the local domain. Processing is always
different for external user (DNS resolution?) and internal user (DataBase
Lookup?)

Aymeric