pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] pdf functions, pdf_create_stream

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] pdf functions, pdf_create_stream
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 20:42:36 +0200

   I use a mem_stream to pass an encoded sample table for type 0
   functions. Some remarks on memory allocation:

   pdf_create_stm copies its dict argument but
   pdf_destroy_obj does not destroy it.

It is a bug. I am now uniformizing the memory management in the
pdf_obj implementation. I am documenting it in a development note.

   On the other hand, the stream is passed as reference but not
   closed. I have to close it manually.
   pdf_create_stream seems to be incomplete:
   It should construct a derived stream with appropriate filters
   from a base stream, ready for use, and pdf_destroy_obj should
   deallocate any resources, e.g. filters.

It is desirable to be able to share the same pdf_stm object among many
pdf_stream_t objects.

   For now, I'll use a workaround in test-function :-)

Please. And please sorry about the mess. I tried to do my best in the
preliminar design of those library components, but many details are
rising now.

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  <address@hidden>