pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] program_name variable

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] program_name variable
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:31:04 +0100

Hi.

   It seems that 'program_name' variable (const char *) must be included in
   every binary linking to libgnupdf, due to the fact that it is declared as
   extern in gnulib's error.c. It is at least required when executing in Mac OS
   X (didn't have the problem when executing in GNU/Linux). The definition of
   the variable as extern is only done if _LIBC is not defined when compiling
   the software. If _LIBC is defined, it just defines 'program_name' as
   'program_invocation_name', which will be the way compilation is done in
   GNU/Linux.

   People in Apple's unix-porting mailing list told me that it's caused by an
   old version of gnulib. Is this true? Or should I just always define
   program_name in every binary linking to libgnupdf?

It is not a problem of a obsolete error.h from gnulib. It is a problem
of libgnupdf, since we didnt define a "program_name" variable as
requested by the error module.

I just commited a patch defining "program_name" in pdf.c, so the
problem should be fixed now.

--
Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden>

Project Engineer