pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] (no subject)

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] (no subject)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 02:56:03 +0100

   Hi Jemarch! I'm reading the paragraph that you told me(3.10) in the PDF
   Reference. I'm reading something about savannah and the GNU
   standards too.

Thanks.

   Now, the question is: Is libgnupdf a cross-platform library?
   I think that the answer will be NO! right?!

Yes, it is. Portability is one of the main non-functional requirements
of the library.

   So...Do we have to implement all that specifications about non-unix file
   systems? Such as DOS and MAC OS.

Yes, definitely. We need to implement full support for
dictionary-based file specifications. That includes old macos support
(newer macos systems uses posix filenames). Another main goal of the
library is completeness.

   (remember that my english is VERY VERY VERY BAD!) =D

Your english is not that bad. It is quite usual for the english level
of hackers contributing to free software projects to vary greatly
(just see my case). The main goal of the language there is to allow us
to communicate, and it seems you fit that need quite well. So you dont
need to apologize each time you write an email :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi  <address@hidden>
                  <address@hidden>

GNU Spain         http://es.gnu.org