pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Introduction

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: [pdf-devel] Introduction
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 12:37:09 -0800

I’ve been lurking for a bit now, and before I respond to recent discussions, I thought I would introduce myself.

As you can see from my signature, my name is Leonard Rosenthol and I am the PDF Standards Evangelist at Adobe Systems.  In that role, I represent Adobe at various international standards bodies (such as the ISO) on issues concerning PDF.  In addition, I am responsible for insuring that Adobe’s own PDF implementation is consistent with the PDF Reference and the various ISO standards - and from time to time, they let me write code for Acrobat.   I am also the ISO Project Editor for 19005 (PDF/A) and 24517 (PDF/E) and our representative to 32000 (PDF).

However, I’ve only been with Adobe for a little over a year now.  Prior to that, I ran a successful PDF consulting business and have been involved with the open source community for over 10 years now.  During that time, I have contributed to every major (and some minor) open-source PDF libraries including iText, Poppler, Xpdf, JPEDAL and PoDoFo.  While I am no longer able to contribute source code to these projects, I remain active on their mailing lists helping out answering technical questions and provide sample/test files as necessary.  I hope to be able to the same with the pdf-devel product.

Leonard Rosenthol

PDF Standards Evangelist

Adobe Systems, Inc.