pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] "Hello World" /Td

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: [pdf-devel] "Hello World" /Td
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:30:32 -0500

Hi,

Just joined the list and following the instructions to send a Hello
message.  I got to know of libgnupdf because someone pointed that out on
the cairo [1] list.  I co-maintain cairo and maintain Pango.  The duo
can be used to generate PDFs, and that's where my interest comes from.

Cairo has a sophisticated PDF backend and I'm interested in integrating
cairo with gnupdf.  The idea is that cairo will never give a user
control over the full feature set of PDF (say, forms, encryption, etc),
so we like provide API that allows using a real PDF library with cairo
to be able to produce fully customizable PDFs.

GNUpdf on the other hand can benefit from using cairo too, as cairo
provides quite a few thousand lines of code worth of font subsetters
that see a fair amount of bugfixes on a regular basis.

Anyway, just ideas.

[1] http://cairographics.org/

Regards,

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh