pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] "Hello World" /Td

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] "Hello World" /Td
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:42:23 -0500

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 23:29 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello.

Hi,

> These are great news. Our plan is to use libcairo as the graphics
> library to render the contents of PDF pages. The page layer of the
> library (see http://gnupdf.org/Lib:Architecture) will provide methods
> to manipulate page contents and to get abstract representations of
> these contents (something like the display trees used by fitz). Would
> be a quite good idea to achieve a tight level of integration with
> libcairo in that layer. Your knowledge of libcairo would be quite
> valuable in the design of the page layer.

Wow, that's greater news than I was hoping for!  I also had "check out
fitz" on my long TODO list.  I can remove that safely now.

Are there any poppler guys around here too?  What about pdfTeX?  Qt?
Ghostscript?  Trying to get everything PDF on the same list, so
hopefully in five years we are all sharing a bit of code...

> Welcome. I much appreciate your interest :)

Thank you!

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh